Saturday 17 October 2015

Day 3 - Back / Biceps / Forearms Workout A

Day 3 - Back / Biceps / Forearms Workout A

Hi everyone, today's post will explain day 3 of the 6 day program. This back workout focuses primarily on the middle back rather than the Latisimus Dorsi. The lats, which give the appearance of being wider are targeted primarily on the second back day.

Back

Pull ups 3x8-12
Deadlifts 3x8-10
Tbar Row 3x8-12
Bent Over Dumbbell Row 10-15
Lat Pulldown 10-15

I start off with pull ups. I know some people do pull ups as a warm up so those people should add some weight to utilize this exercise as working sets. I start off with deadlifts as it is the hardest movement of the workout. I don't believe deadlifts are needed in a bodybuilding program but I perform them due to the many benefits such as strengthening the stabilizers and correcting bad posture. Obviously they need to be performed with good posture to get the benefits. I then proceed with Tbar row. I perform them with the close grip handle. Next is the bent over dumbbell row. I don't perform these with the barbell because I have a tendency of pulling with my right side more than my left. I then finish off with lat pulldowns. I perform these with a wide grip.

Bicep and Forearms

EZ Bar Curl 3x12
Dumbbell Hammer Curl 3x8-12
Concentration Curl 3x8-12
Reverse Curl 3x8-12
Wrist Curl 3x12 +Reverse Wrist Curl 3x12 (superset)

I start off with EZ bar curls. I do six reps with the wide grip followed immediately with 6 more reps with the close grip. I follow up with hammer curls to target both the forearm and long head of the bicep. I finish off with concentration curls using light weight, I aim to complete the 12 reps without my form breaking down. I follow up with reverse curls, again focusing on form rather than the amount of weight being moved. I finish of with a superset consisting of wrist curls and reverse wrist  curls.

That is day 3 of the 6 day program. After day 3, I usually take a rest day following day 3 but the rest day can also be taken after the 6th day.

Hope you guys are enjoying the program! Day 4 will consist of legs and shoulders again. It will be posted soon so stay tuned and see you guys in the next blog entry :)


No comments:

Post a Comment